Computer Software License Agreement
BY INSTALLING, COPYING OR OTHERWISE USING ARTS YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENCE AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENCE AGREEMENT THE LICENSOR IS UNWILLING TO LICENSE THE SOFTWARE TO YOU. IN SUCH AN EVENT, YOU MAY NOT USE, DOWNLOAD OR COPY THE SOFTWARE.
The computer software known as ARTS version 1.0 ( "The Software") was created and developed in the course of research by the Structural Bioinformatics group ("The Researchers") at Tel -Aviv University ("TAU"). TAU encourages the use of ARTS by researchers in academic institutions ("Licensee") provided such use is solely for the performance of non-commercial research and/or teaching purposes, and is made subject to the following terms and conditions.
1. It is hereby agreed that the right, title and interest in and to ARTS and any translations, adaptations, alterations, modifications or similar derivative of any of the foregoing and in and to any physical embodiment of ARTS and associated documentation vest exclusively in Tel-Aviv University and/or RAMOT - TAU Authority for Applied Research and Industrial Development Ltd.
2.1 Licensee is hereby granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use ARTS for the sole purpose of performing non-commercial academic research or teaching . (Such research shall not include research sponsored by a commercial entity).
2.2. For the avoidance of doubt it is hereby clarified that the license to use ARTS as aforesaid does not include any obligation or undertaking to supply any accompanying services or improvements.
2.3 If the use of the software contributed to a scientific publication, e.g., in a journal, conference paper or a book chapter, the author(s) shall cite the relevant scientific publication describing the algorithm which is specifically stated for this purpose on the web site.
3. Licensee agrees not to distribute or transfer ARTS or any portion, copies or derivatives thereof, to another location or to any third party.
4. Licensee agrees not to make any copies except as necessary for his exercise of this license in his own laboratory. Each copy shall bear an appropriate copyright notice specifying the above-mentioned authors and proprietor.
5. Licensee agrees not to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify and /or create derivative works of the ARTS.
6.1. Licensee acknowledges that ARTS is a research tool, still in the development stage. Hence, it is not presented as error-free, accurate, complete, useful, suitable for any specific application or free from any infringement of any rights. The Software ARTS is licensed AS IS, entirely at the Licensee's own risk.
6.2. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to be a warranty or representation by TAU, Ramot or the Researchers and its use, including, without limiting the generality of the aforesaid, as to the accuracy, safety or fitness for any particular use.
7. The Researchers, TAU and/or Ramot shall not be liable for any damage, claim, demand, cost or expense of whatsoever kind or nature directly or indirectly arising out of or resulting from or encountered in connection with the use of ARTS by Licensee or any person receiving it from Licensee.